Monday, September 29, 2008

See my top teethies?

Who thought selling a house would be so frigging difficult … when you have a realtor! But it is, and so we’ve decided not to re-sign our contract with our current realtor when it comes due October 31st. We had another open house on Saturday which was a BOMB, mainly because there was an UofO game going on that day – that’s why he and my husband decided to do it on Sunday. Makes perfect sense. 2 days before the open house he emails me an “oh by the way …” Yeah. One of those. “….Open house Saturday”. Uhhhh. His side is he doesn’t recollect having a discussion with Nate about the game being Saturday and he thought they decided Saturday. Well, case in point we went with Saturday and the Open House bombed. Gee!! No word from the Alaskan fisherman so we can assume that went nowhere. WooHoo *insert sarcasm*

On good notes, Griffin has discovered 2 new things this weekend – the weekend he turned 9 months old!! We went up to Albany yesterday to visit and hang out with Nate’s brother Josh and his wife Jessica and their cutie kiddos Jonas and Miranda. While there, Griffin busts out clapping his hands! It wasn’t the “slam both together like cymbals” clap, but rather he put one sideways on his leg and slapped the other one on top of it. He’ll do it on cue now, so that’s great! Then today he was having a meltdown due to no sleep and I had things to do! So he crawls to me and as I step over him to walk off he starts wailing this pathetic wail like I’ve killed him, then starts chasing-crawling after me and I hear “…Ma…..Ma ….. Maaaaa!” He’s never even said “Ma” yet, but to say it in a communicative way to be “calling” me was awesome. I don’t think moms every forget the first time their baby says their name like that. I am still beaming. He did it the rest of the night, too.

Back to Albany – we had a blast! We had pizza and the kids played their hearts out. We got back to their house and the men looked after the kids while Jessica and I went and “girlie shopped”. To our dismay we discovered that Poet’s Garden had closed. We then ended up at Blackberry Junction, which was SUPERCOOL. They are only in town about 4 times a year for about 9 days. People from the town bring their things to sell - good things, like antiques, etc...not just junk. They have VERY cute things there. I wish I had a bigger house so I could get some cool stuff! The day ended with us all watching the end of the UofO vs Washington ... we won of course! Next weekend's game will be a nailbiter, so I think the J's will end up coming to our house to watch the game if it all works out.

On a different note, Maysen is doing much better. I think he was getting settled into some changes and his attitude and cooperation is getting much better. The other night we told him one more Caillou show and straight to bed. When it was over, he came out, brushed his teeth, went to bed, and was asleep in 10min. We won't jinx it ... so ... shhhhhhh. :)

Hope you all had a great weekend...

2 comments:

Jessica said...

We had an absolute blast with you guys this weekend. Can't wait for next weekend. Way to go Fin! You are getting to be such a big boy.... Love ya Jess

Anonymous said...

Love the big teeth...... ma,ma,maaaaa,,,,oh, don't you love it! And, good boy Maysen! Just the beginning of school adjustments. Love Ya. MomSher