Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Funny Perspectives.

We all know the holiday song "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer". I was singing that to Maysen the other night in the bath (I love holiday songs) and he was intrigued. The following is what took place:

Me: "Then all the reindeer loved him ... as they shouted out with glee .... Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer .... you'll go down in HIS-STORY!"

Mase: "Momma, what does his story say?"

It's amazing what kids pick up and carry through them. I'll share one more with you. We're caroling one year and we're singing Dashing Through the Snow. Nate and I had been married a couple of years and spent a couple of Christmases together. Never did I hear his take on this song:

Nate: "Dashing through the snow .... on a one horse soffen slay.... over the fields we g-" I stopped him there.

Me: ".....Honey ..... what's a soffen slay?" *eye brow cocked*

Nate: "I dunno ... I didn't write it!"

Yea. I have a few more that I will save for a rainy day....The lesson learned in this: Make sure your kids are clear on words and song lyrics. It could be an embarrassing mess when they're in their late 20s. Can't you hear Maysen now ... 28, on a date at xmas time, "I just wish they'd give up what was in that guy's story ..." *blank look, no 2nd date*

3 comments:

Jessica said...

That is so funny because I do that all the time. I never know all the words to anything and Josh makes fun of me. hahahaha.... How funny. Love your new layout. Love ya Jess

Anonymous said...

You are so hilarious!!! I got such a kick out of this story. Thanks for sharing. I absolutely love your stationery on your page. The pink and green is gorgeous and goes so well with your Beans at the top. Amy

MPCC said...

Hi Leslie,
I love Maysen's question, "What's His Story?" I have a great answer for that one...history is simply His Story, God's Story as it is played out through the Bible and everyday events each an every day. You know...Nothing happens apart from the will and purpose of God, He is sovereign, and He is in control. so "history" is simply "His Story!"