Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Caillou Fanatic

I heard the scampers, but I chose to remain in bed to see what would transpire. If Maysen gets up before anyone else, he will come blowing into our room announcing that it is “daytime” and that it’s time to get up. Today there was no such announcement. Instead I heard cabinets being opened up, then the fridge as I thought “Hmmm…where will this go?” He’s never made his own breakfast or fended for himself in the morning, so I was perplexed. As I heard him grunting and groaning, I heard him turn and run into our room. “MOM! I got a prize brefast but I can’t get the milk! AUGH!!” I stumbled out of bed, wondering what the fuss was about and found the following:


“TA DA! JUST LIKE CAILLOU!” You see, the show Caillou on Sprout has peeked his interest and he’s been reciting phrases and various other themes off of this show and apparently last night’s show was about Caillou making breakfast and surprising his mom and dad. My heart melted as I cleaned up mountains of Rice Crispies and he insisted on helping cut up the banana. I have a very thoughtful little boy. On a daily basis he picks flowers for me. Yesterday, for example, he got his motorized racecar stuck in the neighbor’s Evergreen tree (which means he’s snagged a wheel and it won’t back up). I told him I was feeding Griffin so he’d have to wait. When I walked out there, he was standing by it (as if he were hitchhiking) holding a hand-picked dandelion. God, I love that little boy…

This is Maysen's "cozy spot. He takes his bath, then settles in on our bed for a 30min round of Caillou, many times with his own mini-bag of popcorn. One of Caillou's adventures included Caillou's daddy making an airplane with him. Insisting on taking advantage of one of daddy's days off, the boys made an airplane out of a laundry basket (base), silver bowl (steering wheel), and step stool (pilot's chair). Oh, and don't forget the "for sale" signs as wings. It was a riot! Later Nate tied a rope to the laundry basket for more leverage and they went sailing around corners so fast Maysen would get flung out (and laugh his head off!). I will try and get a video put up on here, it was hysterical!


Dad had to join in the fun ...


And Fin thinks we're all nuts!!!


Oh, just wait my little mister .... your day of craziness are on their way ...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new layout!

Anonymous said...

So cute!!! Griffin is getting way too big. Love the breakfast feast. You lucky mom...... :o) Love MomSher

L&D said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAA.

I so have been there with the cereal. I feel your pain!

I too like the beans.

Jessica said...

How fun... Those boys are going to suprise you everyday... :) Man Griffin is getting so big. Before we know it he will be giving you the same nice suprises. We love Caillou at our house also. Fun
Love ya chica

Anonymous said...

Ooooooo!!! I love your beans at the top. You're so creative and make this site look wonderful! Very symbolic - beans and Mr Bean. You have a wonderful little family!
Suzanne