Monday, September 1, 2008

Ode to the Fly Who Interrupts My Nap:



Why do you buzz
around my head?
Eventually landing on
the edge of my bed

You then come over
with one fail swoop
And dart up my arm
and down with a loop

And then you’re gone
with the slightest of twitches
Only to be back again,
you son-of-a-…. Guns.

But on the hundredth trip
and no patience remaining
I rose with avengence
and sent that fly sailing …

(And yes...I came up with this before falling BACK asleep)
PS: Why do I need a nap? And why am I up at midnight tonight? Griffin is sick. First fever since "the time" in the NICU so Momma's nervous (uncertainty to seizure response to fever). Plus he isn't sleeping well. I think it might just be teething but we're going on hour #20 straight fever (with mild breaks from Tylenol). Highest so far 102F. Please just be teeth!!!

No comments: