Friday, September 19, 2008

Hiiii-Ya!

Maysen started karate this week and is absolutely loving it. We're lucky to have a small town karate class, as each kid in Maysen's age group gets a one-on-one instructor. It really is helping keep him grounded and focused and we've noticed a great improvement in him going to sleep.

I can't wait to get his Gi, the karate attire. He is the youngest in the class and the newest so they are working with the basics with him right now, but he's learning them quick and hopefully will catch up soon. He had no problem going to town on this poor little girl, who luckily knew how to block and thought he was pretty funny. At the end of class, they talk to the kids about importance of "appropriate placement" of karate, ie: not at home or on other siblings! (or they have the instructors to answer to!)

I got some pretty cute pictures of Fin today eating his cottage cheese in the sun. They're on my flickr accnt if you're interested. His top teeth are still trying to poke fully through. Man are they the slowest or what!?


I'm working Triage tomorrow so I'd better hit the sack. 'm just waiting for my stinky self-cleaning oven to get done. Something about letting that hummer go at 2848 million degrees while I snore away that doesn't seem right. Until tomorrow ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Karate could be the ticket to Mr. Bean getting some energy out! Looks like he loves it! Fin looks like a happy camper outside eating away and getting in the fridge......ha ha! Cute. Love ya. MomSher

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of Fin. And I'm glad Bean's taking karate. Should help him sleep at night!