Tuesday, April 3, 2007

No more dirt hole

Ta da!! Our cement got poured today. It's finally done! It was quite the eye sore for a while just having dirt/rock from where we pushed our fence back. Now Nathan's truck has a home instead of wherever there was room. I tried for adding a 3-car garage but with only staying here probably another 2 years or so, it wasn't worth it. That'll have to wait for the new house. I am so grateful for my bro in law Andy. He's a contractor and so handy to have around. He gives great advise and has great ideas. Since our driveway sloped, water pooled at the bottom making a flood of our yard at times. So, when he had his cement guy do the cement, they sloped the bottom part by the garage so it would catch water, and run into the drain that was originally for the gutter.

On another note, I got new pots and pans today! I got the stainless steel ones with the copper bottom. Man - they're nice ... and heavy!! I feel like Rachel Ray or Emeril.

And that was my Tuesday ... full of absolute excitment!

3 comments:

L&D said...

Happy exciting Tuesday!!!!

Summer said...

That looks so nice.. You guys did an awesome with it. Enjoy your new driveway.

kelly ens said...

wow - looks GREAT!