Saturday, April 21, 2007

Day 2: Lake Elsinore

Phew. We're now on Day 2 of our vacation. Thought since we have wireless internet at the hotel, I'd make use of it. Here's a brief recant of the last 24hrs:

The flight was great! It was only 2hrs from Portland to Los Angeles. Maysen did great. He has a portable DVD player and watched Dora and The Backyardagains the whole trip. Towards the end we got out snacks and books and he was fine. I had mapquested directions from LAX to our hotel here in Lake Elsinore, but didn't realize that we actually had to take a bus from LAX to Enterprise to pick up our rental car. So our directions were all off. We landed at 1:05pm and by the time we were on our way on the freeway it was 3:30pm. Oh. My. Word. We hit LA rush hour traffic. Let me spell it out. It took us 3.5hrs to go 17mi. The whole 70mi trip from LA to Lake Elsinore took us almost 4hrs. We got here, met up with Dad and Jo for dinner and then checked into our hotel at 8:45. WHICH - they screwed up our room. I had specifically reserved a King size bed (Nate and I are spoiled having one at home, can't go back) and roll away (for Maysen) which I reserved over 3 weeks ago. I go to check in and I get some teeny-bopper 17yr old "Instead of your king and rollaway I just put you in 2 queens". Uhhh... huh? I proceed to tell her no thanks, and I needed my original reserved room. "Well, now I have no King non-smoking". My patience was tested ... and I proceeded to tell her how I did not appreciate how she just "decided" to change my reservation, etc and that we "would" accept the 2 queens for tonight (at an insisted discounted rate) but I'd need to switch rooms in the AM.

Today: Got up, changed our room (apparently what happened was the rollaway bed broke and #2 bed the own had a super jacked up mattress ... whatever). We grabbed lunch and went to the Lake Elsinore RV where dad and Jo work. Since they are the managers they had today off pretty much. Maysen enjoyed what seemed to be hours of riding on dad's manager golf cart. We drove to the top of the mountain to get a good view of the lake, took the long way down and stopped at the lake's beach. Maysen got his feet wet - which led to taking his shoes/socks off. Then his pants got soaked so I took his pants off - which led to him laying down in the water, so took his shirt off ... diaper was 348 pounds of water .. so he was naked for a bit. He loved it.

We made snores tonight in dad's fire pit. Turns out dad and Jo don't have to work tomorrow so we're actually going to Knott's Berry Farm. The weather is supposed to be chilly but I think in the park, sun, and walking we'll be warm enough. Getting up early, so off to bed I go. Talk to you tomorrow!

No comments: