Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Day 5 & 6

I'm lagging on this post-during-vacation thing. Which is good, in a way, I guess - it proves we're having a good time. So, where did I leave off?

Yesterday was our last day in Lake Elsinore with dad and Jo. We stopped at the local laundromat while Dad and Jo were at a meeting. It's amazing the strange cats you can see at laundromats. Instance 1: Two women sitting in half shirts and daisy-dukes (remember those?) talking on cell phones and smoking outside. We were sitting near them once they came in and I thought that perhaps they were roommates. Well, I mentioned to Nate about washing the beach towels because I couldn't stand to have even one grain of sand if I needed to use it again. "Oh, I know..." one of them starts out. "... I feel the same way." Which somehow led into how 2 days ago her husband kicked her out, but that's ok because she's living with her son and "soon to be daughter in law" - and points to what I thought was her sister. It was just .... strange convo to have with someone you don't know. After we got done with that - it was quite warm at 83. So we went to the lake and let Maysen swim and we had a great time. I was good and put sunscreen on every part I could reach - but got busy and forgot my back. Well ... needless to say OUCH today. We had a great time with Dad and Jo and I can't wait to see them again.

We got to Anaheim last night at about 7:00pm. We checked in - and our room had 2 double beds instead of a King. Imagine that. Instead of fighting it we got a roll away bed for Maysen and Nate and I are sleeping in separate beds which is totally weird, but better than trying to sleep in a double with him snoring in my ear.

This morning we got up and went to Disneyland. The week has caught up with Maysen I think and he was a bit cranky today. The first ride I took Maysen on was the carousel, but he would have NOTHING to do with it. He was flailing and finally was satisfied on me just holding him as we went around and around. he did NOT want to get on that horsie. Right after, Nate took him on the flying Dumbos. It was funny - they were actually in line right behind a woman with her son, Mason, who turned out to be 10 days older than Maysen - and they were both wearing plaid shorts. We went on "It's a Small World", toured Toon Town, met Pluto, and rode on Kasey Jr Circus Train. We left during early afternoon as it was getting warm! We swam here at the resort pool and lathered up in Aloe Vera on our burns (Nate got his arms burned the day before).

Tomorrow we're doing a marathon day at Disney. We'll be in the park all day - all 9hrs of it. We'll stay until the closes at 9pm when they do the Disney parade and fireworks.

Friday we arrive back in Portland at about 3:00pm. It's been a fun week, but I can't wait to sleep back in my own bed .....

No comments: