Friday, April 13, 2007

Alaska here we come!

Nate and I have kicked around the idea of taking an Alaskan cruise for the last year and tonight we decided we're going to do it! I have to confirm some dates with our travel agent and my mother-in-law who will keep Maysen for the week, but tentatively it'll be June 9-16th. This is a perfect week for them also as it is Vacation Bible School (my father-in-law is the pastor of the Baker City Church of Christ) and they will have 3 other grand kids at their house. So this will be nice for Maysen as this might keep his mind off mommy and daddy being gone with a jam packed week of activities.

We are going to go on the Norwegian cruise ship, as their ships are more "Freestyle" cruising vs traditional cruising. If anyone has not been on a cruise before, the more traditional cruises are regimented with dinner times (late or early) with a dress code and a formal night. We took a Caribbean cruise in 2003 and that's how it was. And don't get me wrong, it was fun ... but this cruise ship has no agenda. 10 Restaurants to chose from, no arranged dinner times - you're free to pick and chose when, where, how you want to do things. So this is very exciting to me. The average temp of where we're going is 64. How perfect is that? Capri's and a light jacket most of the time, except of course we're planning a helicopter excursion that lands on an actual glacier so that might require more proper attire.

Anyway I'm just blabbing but rather looking forward to that. And next Friday we fly to California to visit dad and Jo ... and Disneyland for a week. I'm keeping activities light until then so my lungs are ready to trudge around a million miles around Disney. I'm excited because Maysen is old enough to "get" Disney now. We went to Disney World in Florida August 2005 (day before Hurricane Katrina hit) and Maysen was 9mo old. So this will be fun for him.

Waiting for the vibration of my steriods to calm down so I can sleep. I am feeling better, by the way. I can lay down without being woke up by my own wheezing so that's a plus. I'm following orders and staying down. Maysen will go to Bonnie's in the morning, but I have to run to the office to get a few things and check my email at work - and then I'm going to go pick my booger up. I feel bad laying in bed resting while he's hauled off. But I don't rest if he's here all day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice! I want to go! :P

L&D said...

Well look at you Ms. Million holidays to go to.

Hmph.

Lucky bum.