Wednesday, September 5, 2007

No, this is not food

Sorry if the picture is a little grainy, but I took it on my new BlackBerry phone. No, I don't mean to use this as propaganda to advertise that I have a new phone, but it is a super cool phone.

So, yes this is my "I gotta keep up with the big boys" picture. He was playing chase and took a nose-dive in the street after failing to catch a 12yr old. Considering all that this has entailed, he's doing alright. This beating took place last night and this afternoon he starting running a fever. It got to 102.7 before I gave him Motrin but was sneaking up again at bedtime. I suspect that this is just a response to fighting off infection in his face - poor boy. He's asymptomatic otherwise and not cutting teeth right now that I can tell. Besides being groggy and whiny, he's doing good.

My baby was to start pre-preschool today, but due to a mold problem in the gradeschool next door school was postponed a week. I understand this is just pre-preschool and he'll only be going 3 mornings a week for 3hrs at a time, but this does mark the official start to his "school days". A week from today he'll be starting the routine of being in school, with a teacher, with fellow students - a journey that will last him from next week until the day he graduates highschool/college. It really is a big milestone. I think Nathan is even going into work late that day so he can drop him off with me as I try not to cry the whole 3hrs he's gone!

I was a bit ambitious with my day today and am feeling the effects of not listening to my body say "Are you crazy ... STOP" so I am heading for the couch. Until next time ...

2 comments:

L&D said...

Awww. Poor little dude.

Nice subtle shout out for the phone. Made me laugh. They should pay you for that!

kelly ens said...

ouch :(