Thursday, September 6, 2007

late bloomer

I was outside with Mase today getting some fresh air from being cooped in the house the last 2 days with Mase running a fever. I then noticed that my clematis was blooming again, a welcome sight as fall approaches. I have to admit though, that I am ready for fall. I am looking forward to darkness falling at 5:30pm and the sound of never ending rain. I am such a "cozy" person, meaning I love the coziness of darkness, curling up in a blanket listening to the rain with cold breeze blowing through the window. Or opening my bathroom window, lights off and candles lit as I lay in my hot bubble bath. I also can't wait to go on walks with Maysen in the late afternoon as darkness approaches looking for multi-colored leaves. I love that stuff. Just the same, by March I cannot wait for spring/summer.

The temp Mase has been running is better today. Last night at 11pm it was 103.1F. Talk about a momma getting no sleep! I was checking on him every 3hrs just knowing it was going to be 105F at some point. Today he has cooled off, very low grade, but running a steady 99.7 - 100.9 all day, unmedicated.

My sister is taking a sabbatical from her life and heading to our childhood hometown of Dighton, Kansas for a couple of weeks. She left yesterday and it is a 3,000mi journey and is already there. This last year has been a very trying time in her life and I'm hoping that she will get some things figured out for herself while there and away from everything here. I pray for her often.

1 comment:

L&D said...

Sorry to hear about the little dude. Man, temps SUCK! Especially when you know what they can do.....we nurse types get a little freaky about that stuff, don't we?