Sunday, September 9, 2007

fall cleaning

What a handsome boy, if I do say so myself. His poor lip, though. Luckily the wounds sustained in last weeks crash-and-burn session are healing nicely. Maysen *hates* scabs and have managed to try and pick them all off, which I can't stand. What can ya do, though?

This weekend has been nice - filled with watching University of Oregon smear Michigan (GO DUCKS!), brownie making (Maysen apparently loves fists full of brownie dough - which then is followed by a sugar high like no other!), and we got the garage cleaned out. We backed Nate's truck up to the garage and if we hadn't used it or thought about it since we moved in, we pitched it! Felt so good! We've never had so many free shelves since we moved in. We'll fill them soon enough, as the garage will soon be becoming the storage area. Right now the spare bedroom is filled with all the wrapping paper, Christmas bows/boxes, and we'll see be cleaning all that out and filling it with baby booties and sleepers. I need a bigger house. We hope to be building within the next couple of years.

Today we're going swimming. It's amazing - as fall nears it is getting warmer and warmer! This coming week will be the warmest it's been all summer I believe - highs in the mid 90sF (we've been lucky this summer). One thing I have been noticing is we're getting the winds from up north at night. So, around 7pm it's almost chilly outside from the northerly breezes. Some of my "I really like it hot" flowers are fading away and my next weekend-consuming plan is to winterize my yard. I usually do it in late October/early November but I have a feeling as I get bigger and bigger with each day I'm not going to be want to bend, pull, heave. So, within the next few weeks we'll get that done. Does it ever end?

I realized I've been doing a lot of ('s so I'll close to end the wrath of parentheses. Have a good coming week ...

No comments: