Monday, September 10, 2007

mommy's gift

As I've talked about before, Maysen starts school on Wednesday. It was going to be 96 today, so I decided that he and I would take a drive over to the ocean for a Mommy&Mase day. It was amazing because we left here and by half way to Florence, it was 91 over the pass. We get to Florence, park the van and it was 55. It's usually so windy you can't keep the hair out of your face. Today there was absolutely no wind.

I "should" take credit for this rockin' sand castle, but I just can't. It was the coolest amateur sand castle I have seen around - complete with palm trees and drawbridges. It was abandoned when we got to it - as the beach was pretty empty.

It didn't take long before we were wet - starting with Maysen running full speed through the castle's surrounding "river".

Annnnd ... here's ours, complete with flagpole (aka: stick). We had a blast, though. We threw sand balls, found sea gull feathers, looked for sea shells, buried each other's feet/hands (complete with whipping that extremity full blast out of the sand, getting it everywhere on the human body), laughed, and a couple of times I caught him just sitting there ... smiling. What I wouldn't give to hear those thoughts. I said "Did you have fun?" while sharing McD french fries before the drive home. He simply replied, "MmmHmm. *long pause* Fanks, Momma". What did I do to deserve this?

3 comments:

L&D said...

"Fanks, Momma." AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Dontcha just ADORE their 3 year old accent? Luv it.

Anonymous said...

I just love your blog!! So creative and fun. Everytime I read I always get a smile. Your boy is absolutely adorable! It's been a long time since I've seen one that cute!

Anonymous said...

Aww. :) Little Bean! He's the best. I miss him. I'm totally going to come and see you guys when I get back. I need some Bean love!