Sunday, September 23, 2007

Fall is here (officially)

Happy 1st day of Autumn! Yesterday, as the Canadian breezes were blown in, I decided it was time to get my Autumn/Halloween stuff out and up. That required my lovely husband crawling up in the attic to search through the various boxes until he came to the box marked "Fall", the Halloween sign with the dagger at the bottom sticking out like a Tetanus-filled sword. On one attempt at getting the box down, he lost his balance and stepped off the board and onto the sheet rock, almost busting through the attic! But, alas, the decorations were found and now up! I'm feeling especially festive this year. Any good ideas for 3yr olds' costumes for Halloween?

Tomorrow Mase is going to Grma/Grpa's house all day. I had volunteered to work tomorrow and surprisingly I'm not needed so originially had just decided to take the quiet day at home. Instead I'm going to drive up to Portland (after I sleep in, of course) and spend the day with Jenn. We probably won't be doing "all" that much, due to her blood clot, but we'll hang out and watch movies. Who would have thought .. one whole day of not having to worry about who's doing what and where. It'll be a good time.

The other night, Maysen started bringing me various trucks and cars. He'd crawl up in my lap as we'd talk about the colors on the truck, what sound it made, or other various non-important facts about that vehicle. He'd jump down taking that car/airplane/truck with him, and bring back a different one for another game of "Name this Color". After about 30min of this, Nate says "Is he putting those cars back or what is he doing with them?" I assumed he had been putting them back. That is, until we got up to check. I then realized I had an obsessed son. He has always had the opinion that everything has a place and a certain way things go. This brought a whole new meaning to this idea:

Notice how they're arranged (mostly) in size from smallest to largest as the airplane and the helicopter at the end were brought to me about mid-way through this arrangement. He sure is proud of his line-up! I think, in a way, I'm going to be a lucky momma!

1 comment:

Ej said...

Love the car line up. Hopefully that need to be organized stays into his teen years ;-)