Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Sciatica, contacts, and fat OH MY!

I was reading today on CNN.com that Tyra Banks is fighting the tabloid bash by proving she did NOT gain 40lbs. Are you kidding me? I'm sorry. When you live that type of lifestyle you have to take things with a grain of salt, especially things that will "taint" your image. You don't hear Hilary holding a press conference fighting the "I did not run a drug ring out of the White House" although that would be amusing. But to me, that proves to show really how insecure she is. To actually waltz out in a bathing suit being like "EXCUUUUUUUUUUSE ME! I did *not* (head/neck swivel while waving her finger) gain FORTY pounds". It's just funny to me that she feels like she has to prove something or have the last word. If all the celebrities had to prove the tabloids wrong it would be like a Jerry Springer episode with everyone having PMS. Yikes.

I'm getting new glasses today. I figure I'd better take advantage of the optical part of my health insurance and use the $200/2yr pair of new frames for free. I am a "glaucoma suspect" with my eye pressure's being high, but stable. I'm also going to ask about contacts - I have an astigmatism and attempted contacts 6yrs ago, but the whole one hard/one soft lens didn't work for me. Now Acuvue has a soft lens for astigmatism so it would be worth it to get contact if they rock. Does anyone wear contacts who has an astigmatism?

I slipped on Maysen's car in the laundry room Sunday and wiped out. Now I am having sciatica, which is inflammation of a nerve running from my lower back all the way down my left leg. The fun never ends at my house ....

No comments: