Sunday, January 28, 2007

Quack Quack


Yesterday we took Maysen to Alton Baker Park to feed the ducks. Bonnie and Bob (who watch him on Wed/Fri during the week) take him to feed the ducks. They're in their 70s so you can imagine the work out he gives them! This past week they bought him a leash! Yes, my kid is now "one of those" kids on a leash. But the leash itself is a monkey backpack with the tail to hold onto. He LOVES that thing. He thinks it's a game and will giggggle when you pull on the tail. It's perfect for them, that way they can keep him in line and away from the water.

We let Maysen teeth on our automatic door unlocker clickers when he was a baby - and the buttons feel off and needless to say didn't work anymore. We had been putting off replacing them due to the fact when I called and inquired how much it would be to replace, they told me it would $45 to program the clicker, plus $47 each for the clickers. So, I was looking at like $140 to replace the clickers. Wasn't much of a priority for a while. Until my grocery/Costco/Wmart trips were getting more difficult having to hold a squirmy 2yr old while trying to wrestle bags and they key. Well ... chaos. So, I finally bit the bullet. I go to the dealership, and "Matt" tells me to go ahead and get the clickers at the Service Desk and he'd just program them FOR FREE!! Wow! So I go to get the clickers and THAT guy tells me that since I'm buying 2, then he'll give them to me for $35 each. So! I got quite the deal. They probably still made a killing of profit off me, but $140 vs $70 isn't bad.

We're waiting to see if Nathan got a job interview with the software company Symantec, best known for creating Norton Antivirus. Their recruiter called and talked to him on Thursday and and did a phone interview, but we're hoping and praying he gets the "real" interview. But we'll see....

Have you all had a good weekend?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ej said...

I love a good deal! Esp. when it is from car dealerships - as they seem to charge just for breathing in the building.