Sunday, January 14, 2007

Night Out = Incriminating

Last night was a ton of fun. Jenn and I did a *ton* of wheezing with various things throughout the night. Some of the following pictures may be incriminating on how much "fun" we had but it was well worth it.

Our night started out with dinner at Steelhead. I had 2 glasses of the house red, which happened to be a merlot. Pretty good. Jenn had fish tacos and a chocolate martini while I had chicken. We chatted over candlelight for about 2hrs. We then walked just half a block away to Joe Federicko's Jazz Club.

It reminded us of something from the 40s. The music was very retro jazz and you walk down these rickity stairs to get to the club, which literally is a hole in the wall. Luckily smoking is not allowed thank goodness! The place is filled with tables, but there are also 3 outcoves along the wall, almost like hidden rooms. Jenn and I weren't lucky enough to get one right away but were patient and waited for people to leave then snagged one.

Alison was our waitress. She rocked. Jenn was mortified that I asked her to take a picture with Jenn. I did a lot of throwing Jenn off and doing things that made her shake her head and say "no way". It was funny.

Mypicture is a bit provocative-looking, although I didn't mean for it to be at all! I was showing how yummy my first chocolate martini was ... and Jenn thinks they rock!

Ok, so we're sitting there ... Jenn and I laughing about random things that surely won't be funny now. Out of my fuzzy peripheral vision, I see this figure coming toward our little room. Well ... I should say staggering toward our room. I'm like "Jenn, this guy is totally coming over here" and we hear "you girls are sure cute, can I sit down?" before we could answer he sits right beside me. He was totally blasted - he had no clue what planet he was even on. What makes it worse, is Jenn was laughing because she tooted right before this guy walked in. So she was already giggling. But I had no idea, all of a sudden this guy sits down and I get this wiff of what smelled like poo - and I'm like "this guy totally pooped his pants!" Jenn's dying as I'm mouthing to her "he pooped!" because she knows it was her that farted! Not to be mean, but Jenn and I start giving him a rough time. Not too bad, but drilling him with questions ... and it was hilarious listening to his answers. We got a huge kick out him. Jenn was able to snap this quick picture of him before my camera died on us.

I was disappointed it died, because to mortify Jenn even further, I totally walked up to the trumpet player she thought was hot at the break and attempted to be smooth. I introduced myself and told him he reminded me of my band teacher, Mr Ball. (Mind you this guy is like 35?) Because "Mr Ball played a trumpet too". Then asked to get a photo with him, and as we're posing, battery is dead in my camera.

My apologies to the late 3am phone calls ... no matter how old you are, apparently you still make the drunk 3am phone calls!

It was a great fun night. We made a pact to do this more often. Not necessarily make it this drastic, but at least hang out just one on one more. I love ya, Jenn. It was fun. Maybe next time we'll take "Tim" with us. The Shindley girls, lit:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear God. ;-)

I had a great time, Les. I know we have to do it again soon - it'll be great fun. :)

Let me just say that it has taken me 20 minutes to type 3 sentences with my talons on. ;)

:D

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you gals had a blast :)

Anonymous said...

3:30 a.m phone call....tsk,tsk...some sasquatches never learn :P

kers said...

sounds like you had a fun time!! just realized i never let you know how we do those pictures..im sorry! its a program off google called picassa....its super easy to use..if you have any more questions swing by my blog...love the night out!! sounds like fun!

L&D said...

You guys are so cute. How great it is to be blessed with a friendship like that.