Sunday, January 21, 2007

Summer Night Carnival Smell



Just examples of great photography. The background pic reminds me of growing up in Kansas at the small town fair that came around every summer around my birthday in July. It was always the highlight of the summer, but always signified that summer was nearly over as school usually started back up in early August.

How does life change so quickly? I mean really. Just yesterday I was fighting my parents on a later curfew. Having sleepovers with girlfriends discussing our latest crushes. My biggest worry used to be what outfit to wear to school the next day. Where did all that go? And how so fast? I'm looking at myself in the mirror thinking "Wow. Look - crowsfeet!". Yes, I now know what crowsfeet are. Augh. That's depressing.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

kers said...

i like the pictures...can hit home with anyone i think

Ej said...

I found a white hair recently - I always wonder how I got this old?

L&D said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I can't believe how much we have in common: we're the same age, same profession (you just got a head start on me), our sons are less than a year apart and we've been married the same amount of years. That's just crazy! But so cool. I'll be readin' ya and looking forward to some more stuff in common.

Leslie said...

Ms Running Wildly ~ Welcome! Thanks for stopping by and reading - and wow YES do we have a tad in common. I got a kick out of your blog right off the bat with the fingers up the nose. Oh ... those boys! I anticipate many giggles from your post and many "AH HA! Been there" in the nursey world. Pssst...not to mention I'm here for any advise if you need any! Keep comin' around!