Thursday, January 11, 2007

Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

I know to my Canadian friends and my friends back home in the Plains this "snow" seems like nothing but a shower/dusting. But to we Oregonians, this was a major storm - the fact that the snow is STILL present 12hrs later is a major ordeal! Area schools closed, and in fact my office stopped seeing patients this afternoon so employees could get home tonight before it re-freezes. I talked to my boss who informed me not to come in the office in the early morning because it's supposed to be 20 overnight and all this snow/wet stuff will be one sheet of ice. Which wouldn't be too bad, but I have to travel 15 miles on I-5 (where there were FIVE vehicles in the ditch from our 3" snow storm) AND cross a tall butte to get to work. So, we'll see what tonight/early morning brings. I am training Clara again tomorrow, the nurse who is taking over working my Tuesdays. She worked this past Tuesday by herself and did ok, but one more day of having me there for reference won't hurt. The only thing is that I virtually am just there as a reference. So, my day gets a tad ... boring. Nate usually comes home at noon on Fridays so maybe I'll wait for him to come home and then I'll go in. I really don't want Maysen out in a vehicle tomorrow (overprotective mommy coming into play). And I have beef stew brewing in my crock pot. Yummmm....

This was Maysen's first "real" snow. As in "real" I mean the first snow he got to go out and play in. He had a great time. I took our camcorder out to record him, but it kept saying "Lens Cap" meaning the lens cap is still on ... but it wasn't. Just no picture! But I got some good ones of Mr Bean.


Woops!

The neighbor boy and Maysen's idol, Delmar

Gotta pat all the snow off the solar light, mom!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww! Little Bean! I can't wait to see him Saturday!

AUUUNTIIIIIIE! ;-)

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Wow..... that's a snow for you guys!! Even Bandon got snow! I'm glad your not going in early tomorrow. I love Maysen's little pink cheeks!

Ej said...

I want summer back - J-man won't walk outside so no point in going out to freeze my butt off in the ice. Glad you guys got to enjoy it.