Friday, December 22, 2006

Popsicles


A friend of mine sent me this picture that her mom took of their farm from back in Kansas where I grew up. I'm sure you probably heard of the massive blizzard to hit the plains. Looks like back home they only got ice. Looking at this picture brings back lots of memories as I spent MANY 'o days at this farm. Innocent days. Carefree days. And I really miss storms like this. Oregon has nothing but ... rain. No thunderstorm "rain" storms. Just constant uninteresting rain. Blah. Can't beat the tropical look of Oregon in the winter though. The first time I came, it was in March. And I remember thinking how Hawaiian-like it looked. Everything was bright green - the flowers were brilliant colors. You give and take, I suppose. With everything.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a blast from the past, eh? ;)

Anonymous said...

Er, that was me.

Jenn

Anonymous said...

You mean the Willamette Valley is rain, rain, rain........ if you'd move to Baker you'd get some good winter wonderland going on :o)