Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Here Comes Santa Clause ... Here Comes-

So here was our first Santa Clause experience. Can't you just see the terror in his eyes! I know he was saying "Hurry up and take the DA-- picture mom!" He used to shout out "CHANTA!" so we thought we'd take him - and he just wasn't too sure about it. He sat long enough for this pic and that was it. At least he didn't pee on him... (Maysen, not Santa).

So, Nate left yesterday morning (early) for his business trip in Denver. This was the first time he's been away like this since the Army days. He used to be gone weeks - even MONTHS on end. I thought I'd never hear myself say that having some space is nice ... but it is. Don't get me wrong, I love my husband. But when you're either mommy, nurse, or wife ALL DAY AND EVERYDAY ... having some alone time is nice. He'll be back Friday and I'm already wondering what to do with myself until then. Long work day tomorrow with taking/picking up Maysen plus my 12hr work day ... then off on Thursday. I need to finish wrapping xmas presents.

It's amazing when your child starts putting words/phrases together for the first time and you go "Where'd he get that?" Nate was getting his hair cut, and as the lady washed her hair out, he patted his arm and said "Wha-do-doinge?" ... it was so precious. Monster!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww. He looks so confused. Heh. Little Bean!