Saturday, December 30, 2006

Phew!

Phew. What a week. Ever feel like you're going 100mph and never catch a breath? Well, I've had one of those weeks. Tuesday was crazy as A) it was the first day back to work in over a week B) first day after Christmas C) We were covering another doctor on vacation. I decided I'd be nice and work that day since the nurse they had covering me (I don't work Tuesdays) had never worked with him before, and I could only imagine. So, after a 12hr day with no lunch, I got off work and went to my sisterinlaw's for my last Christmas celebration. Then I turned around and worked another 11hrs on Wednesday. Thursday I was off - but went to a University of Oregon basketball game with my brotherinlaw, Nate, and motherinlaw. My motherinlaw was cracking me up .. as I've never heard her say "loins" so many times in my life. we were clear up on the 3rd story, which is suspended above the court almost and she kept saying "I just have this weird feeling in my loins". Crazy girl. I worked yesterday and trained a nurse who will be working my Tuesdays. I like to think of myself as a patient person. But it was so hard for me to not take over and do things my way to just get it done. Know what I mean?

So that leads today. I'm in total procrastination-mode lately . Tonight we're having a post-holiday Internal Medicine party tonight with soup and games. We're also going to do a gift exchange in which I have no gift for yet :) That combined with a mile-long list of groceries and misc items, today looks to be panning out to be filled with running around and trying not to strangle post-holiday shoppers. (Wait, I am one ...).

Of course the rest of the weekend includes taking down Christmas decorations and getting back on the normal playing field. If there is such a thing. And Hussain is dead. What else could we ask for?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I know you know who this is but if you can tell me by o se 11:58 eastern standard time on New Years Ever You will get a big surprise for the New Year