Thursday, December 21, 2006

Oh Bay!

This is our Bassett Hound, Bailey. She'll be 6 in June. It was the perfect shot of her ... lounging in her basket. She doesn't care what you do to her ... including putting her floppy ears any position you want! She has Addison's Disease so she's gained a lot of weight by her daily steroid supplementation.

Sorry I've been missing in action lately. I've had this week off, but have managed to be very busy! Monday I baked ... Tuesday I baked ... Wednesday I cheated and took Maysen to Bonnie and Bob's who watch him on Wed/Fri while I'm at work and I took the afternoon off. Man - being a mommy full time is hard work. Especially since it's cold/rainy outside. Not like you can just go outside. Plus, we're in absolute NO WAY mode with naps. It's been staying darker here, so he sleeps longer. Well, 5hrs later he's not ready for a nap. So by 7 we're talking melting down. I used to think Tues/Thurs were my days off ... when in reality my days off are when I GO to work. But ... still wouldn't trade my schedule for the world!

So, Christmas is knocking at our door. Is everyone ready? I'm so done looking at Christmas lights I could scream. Everynight, Maysen INSISTS on "oook wites?" .. he wants to go around and look at lights. Cute one would think ..... 6 nights in a row - in a town who's population is 4000. You run out of stimulating lights real quick. OOOO AHHHHH ... at the same ones. Wow. Am I a grouch today or what? Yikes! Sorry. Today I finished up my goodie trays for everyone at work and delivered them. There. I've done my deed :) Oh, and I'm mailing 55 Christmas cards on Tuesday. I got the cool thick Costco Christmas cards thinking I'd be the one with the "cool" card in the mail. Go to the post office. After I had spent an hour putting stamps on all these cards, I get there and NO! They require an additional $0.13 cents, which comes in one $0.10 stamp and one $0.03 cent stamp. I stood there like "Uh, you're kidding". So yep. I spent another hour putting TWO MORE stamps on each envelope. These cards look like they're coming from Italy! All these decorative stamps pasted across the top.

Ba HumBUG!

No comments: