Sunday, December 17, 2006

Gotcha!

My sister and I share the same passion. Photography. We think alike on it - her and I need to take a trip somewhere ... to just veg and shoot pictures all day. Mexico and the Mayan ruins would be awesome!

So, I'm sure most of you have heard about the horrid weather that swept through here on Thursday .... leaving over a million people without power in Washington and Oregon. Nathan's flight home from Denver was right in the middle of that storm. Initially they thought they were going to have to re-route the plane, but at the last minute decided to try and land. After 3 attempts, they landed succesfully. Oregon very rarely has "WIND", so to have 70-1oomph wind gusts left everyone in shock. Luckily my house kept power, with the exception of a few spits here and there of it shutting off. With the wind came freezing temperatures, so those without power were also without heat. I believe most of it has been restored now.

Oregon hasn't been having the best reputation lately. Storms, the death of Mr. Kim during Thanksgiving, and the most recent event of the missing hikers on Mt Hood have brought Oregon into the spotlight nationally, although I'm not sure we like this type of publicity!

I have this coming week off. My plan is to get my Christmas cards mailed and one package mailed. I made one batch of cookies this weekend and I need to make fudge and chocolate covered pretzels this week for trays for fellow employees. I was going to clean - but my H-factor got on a cleaning kick this morning, so we cleaned for 4hrs. Even got all the crushed chips/crackers from the couch cushions! And now I have crock pot chili cooking.

So, thanks EJ for mentioning Sephora. While visiting my sister in Chicago over a year ago I had my first Sephora experience and found the perfect fragrance. Fleur de Sephora - peony. So, reading EJ's post reminded me to add it to my favorites so my husband could get me more ... hehe. Turns out - they don't make it any more! I'm devastated!!! It was so yummy!

Can you believe Christmas is in a week? Geesh ....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When did you get that photo of me, sista? I didn't even know you took it. That's good. ;-) Was that when we were in Bend?

By the way, I'm making the cheesecake pie for Christmas. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oops. That prior most was from me!

Jenn

Leslie said...

Mmmm goodie!!! And yes; it was when we were on the brige in Bend. Ya know I'm a tad nifty with the camera, too, right? :)

Ej said...

They always seem to discontinue my favorites too! I hope you can find a new favorite.