Sunday, December 3, 2006

O Christmas Tree ...

The holiday spirit grabbed hold of us this weekend. Friday we hung our lights outside, which included my software developer/computer geek husband to map out and configure the best way to string the lights on the roof to maximize extension cord usage. We only had to start over ... three times. It was freeeezing here this weekend. Sunny .. but freezing!

Today we picked out our Christmas tree. We were going to go to a nearby Christmas tree farm and do the whole ride-the-tractor-to-the-field-and-saw-your-own-down. However, my family is on the sick side. All except me, which will probably be hitting me any day now. All last week Nate had a cold, and yesterday during my late Thanksgiving with the in-laws, Maysen started getting sick. Maysen had a fun time running around saying "Eeeeee!" at all the trees. Poor guy kept trying to smell them, but his sniffer isn't working.


Then we had to put up the Christmas tree stand, which was more difficult than it looked. Maysen was all about trying to help! He's into knowing just what dad is doing and how he can help or do it himself!

And it officially only took us THREE hours to put up all the decorations and tree. I think half the time was spent keeping Maysen from throwing all the "a-balls" (baseball = ornaments), eating the tinsel, stomping on all the boxes, pulling the needles off the tree, running around with the figurines from our Christmas village, and trying to hang his train on the tree for an ornament. He did figure out to be "nice" to the tree, and helped us hang the rest of the ornaments.

I found myself humming "O Holy Night" as I drove to the store ... is it hitting me? ... and today we've only watched Finding Nemo ... three times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun day! It's so cute that Maysen wants to help daddy!