Friday, March 31, 2006

End is Near...

Hello .... I wanted to share an update with you. Nate will graduate in June with programming/software design degree. Next week will start his last term. He must intern somewhere for this term. On Monday he accepted an internship with Palo Alto software design company. Best part - they've insisted on PAYING HIM for his internship. He went today and they are waiting for "his computer" to show up and he has his own desk/office area. This very possibly could turn into something full time once he graduates. He'll be working 15hrs/week to start and increase from there. He'll be testing their software that has yet to hit the market for flaws, problems, etc. Hopefully by June he'll advance into actually helping to develope the actual software. So far his GPA is 3.93, which he's worked very hard for.

One of the benefits with this is that I am actually able to quit working on Tuesdays and be home with Maysen. That means I'll only be working 3 days a week on M,W,F.....with hopes of completely quitting this summer to be home with my monster.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again. Incredibly jealous. Thanks.

;-)

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Congrats to both of you. I hope to eventually get to a point where Jenn and I can both live off one income, as well.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to both of you. No need to be jealous though. Remember that I will be making two incomes at the same time so it is really hard to compare. I don't know how if I will get a job at Palo Alto so the future is still up in the air. Could still have to move up to Portland, who knows.

Nate