Sunday, March 12, 2006

Spring fever


So, I'm totally ready for spring. Two days ago we got 4" of snow, which is totally jacked up for the Willamette Valley where I live. Snow is a rarity here. Today, it's sunny with blue sky, but still only 43 degrees. You want to go outside because it looks gorgeous out, yet you go out and too cold for comfort outside. Seeing the sun is a good thing since I haven't seen much of it in the last 4 months.

During spring break I am taking the week off and my in-laws are coming for the week. They're total yard/landscaping freaks. So we're going to tackle the yard. Luckily the previous owners landscaped fairly well, and have quality plants planted. My mother-in-law told me that I "..literally have thousands of dollars of landscaping already done..." So, that's good. There's just alot of pruning, cleaning up to do. For instance: Edging everything with a mulch boarder, changing out all the old mulch with new mulch in all my beds, Re-boardering my 16' garden, etc, etc, etc. I'm ready to get started and get it done, but at the same time I know Day 1 into this, I'm going to be like "I'm *so* done". We are making a custom picinic/eating table for up on our deck. Then we have a 8x8 tile slab off our deck that we're looking at putting a fire pit on. I can't *wait* to sit outside by the fire watching the sun go down, smelling the freshly cut grass and smell of flowers. Not to mention sleeping with my bedroom window open, smelling my lilacs off my lilac tree that's RIGHT outside my bedroom window.

I can't believe tomorrow is Monday. Isn't it psycho how fast the weekends go? Probably because I spend all of Sunday wishing I didn't have to go to work the next day. Hope you had a good weekend, and hope you have a good week ahead.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya on the not-wanting-to-face-the-work-week thing. :-( Luckily, we get to hang out with you guys next weekend. :D I can't wait! We'll bring our roll of quarters. ;-)

Jenn

Leslie said...

That's sounds *so* wrong :) Little does everyone know it's for their share of the poker buy-in. Can't wait to see you guys, either. And Bean gets his haircut on Sunday :( Curls go bye-bye.

Anonymous said...

I love my little wee curls. You'd better save them. :)

Jenn

Leslie said...

Totally am. For Bean's baby book.