Monday, March 6, 2006

Tonsils go bye-bye?


So, I was sent home again today from work. Why, you ask? Because I have strep throat AGAIN! This will be the 3rd time in less than a year. My most recent being only 1mo ago! Oddly enough, I'm pretty much asymptomatic, meaning my throat doesn't really "hurt like hell" like you would imagine it to hurt. My usual symptoms are fatigue, headache, low grade fever. I learned that last month after visiting my doctor (who works conveniently in my clinic) saying "Something is up." Just shy of a year ago, I was diagnosed with strep because of this odd rash that occured out of nowhere which ended up being the Scarletina Rash you develope sometimes with strep, which can lead to full blown Scarlet Fever if left untreated. So, here I am with it again. What now? Stronger antibiotics, rest, and a consult with Dr Diaz, a renowned Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor here in Eugene. My doctors opinion: I need to have my tonsils removed. I guess we shall see. So I ask "Is it still pretty invasive or has it become more non-invasive through the years?" Her response: Basically it's still pretty invasive, and also harder on adults to bounce back from with risk of increased bleeding due to age. Goody.

I love the picture above. Reminds me of back home: Dighton, Kansas where I grew up. Walking through the miles of pasture that surrounded town and seeing wild flowers like these growing everywhere. I always hated the "ghost town" feeling of Dighton, the nearest movie theatre and decent grocery store being nearly 60miles away. With life busy, hustle bustle of today's world, traffic ... I often think back to the simplicity of what life held there. My own little Mayberry (for those of you who don't know, it was the small, cozy, town that Andy Griffith, sherriff, used to run). I know Jenn knows what I'm talking about.

Ok. To the couch I go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ick, I hope you feel better.

And yeah. I know what you mean. *hug* love you. I'll call you later tonight to see how you're doing.

Jenn