Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Why my mirrors are dirty ...

This is the reason I don’t wash my mirrors …. Just kidding. I do. But I can’t hardly stand to wash away such baby handprints. Someday I’ll look up at my mirror, my clean mirror, and wish I had those baby handprints back so I’m allowing it to be dirty a bit longer!

I think our toilet paper addiction has continued to new lengths. Wonderful little progression …

And doesn’t this just scream Linus from Charlie Brown? Isn’t it Linus who plays the piano? That mini-grand piano? Well, Linus minus the clothes.

And lastly we decided that our little family of four needed a vacation so we have booked a Beach Cottage on the Oregon Coast to enjoy 4 days on the beach! We’re even taking our dog, Bailey. After the week Nate had last week (big conglomo politics .. need I say more?) and the fact that I've decided to do another massive fund-raising Garage Sale for Maysen's Christian School. I tried to find the link from where I talked about it last year but I must not have explained or announced it via blog last year. I am planning to do things different this year, including a two-day Garage Sale. Last year we did it all in one day and came close to $2000 and we still had a ton of stuff left. With the US Economy in the dumps, I think people need it more than ever these days ... so it feels good to be dedicated to giving back. So, in light of everything from last week, and what we're facing over the next few months with being busy with that, we need to get away from the hussle-bussle -- we’re going to go and veg, cozy-up (as Maysen would say), and just relax some Scovil time. You can see where we’ll be staying here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I still have hand prints on my french doors from last summer! Not kidding.... I love them! Have fun @ the beach. Love You.

Anonymous said...

I love those get aways. Last Sunday we took a drive to Belknap Hot Springs to enjoy the hot spring pool. Oh, it was so nice just to get away. Love Mom