Saturday, February 21, 2009

Maysen's Day Out

We had a wonderful day yesterday with our little Mr Bean. It seems like we don’t get all that much alone time with Maysen with both daddy and mommy so that was made a priority and he ate that up. Fin got his own alone time with Grandma while we were out.

Our afternoon started with Put-Put golf in which Maysen blew us out of the water! There were several times that Maysen “accidentally” hit his ball in the water, because I think fetching it out was more fun than focusing on hitting it right.


Then it was on to our own private slide-ground. No one was there yet so we enjoyed having free reign over the place. Even the Slide-Tickle Monster came out once, and only once. Dad even enjoyed going down the slide, which I’m sure was prohibited somewhere in the rule book.



Love the reflection ...

Next door was bowling which is always fun. Maysen was the Ball-Keeper-in-Line’er. I think we have a smidge OCD act going on there …

Good shot 'o Nate. I think he looks pretty pro. He said he was trying not to fart during this throw ...

Doin' the success-jig. It took exactly 18.4 minutes for the ball to hit the pins. I think that was the success part. That's got to be a record!

I posted this picture purely for shock-value. Isn't she our perty-piggie?

This morning we went to Open-Gymnastics with some friends of ours. They have a 6wk class for Maysen’s age that I think T is going to enroll A into along with Maysen. He really picked up on the trampoline and by the end of our hour was going across the high monkey bars by himself above the huge foam pit. Since our karate disaster, I am thinking this is something he’d be really good at, a way to expend energy, and something fun for him to enjoy with his friend, A.

I got some interesting news last night. Some other friends of ours D&R have been invited to be on Dr Phil. They start filming on Monday. The topic of the show is very interesting as we learned a bit of information about them we hadn’t known! As soon as I get her OK, I’ll share all of that with you, including the date of their airing! We now know celebrities (not really).

The rain is setting back in for a few days. I hope it clears up before our trip on Thursday. Then again, who cares because I can't wait to snuggle up to our fireplace, playing games drinking hot chocolate. Then again, grilling steaks outside throwing a frisbee with iced tea after returning from building sand castles on the beach sounds just as appetizing. Ok, now I am excited ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Maysen, I hear you beat mom and dad bad playing put put! Loves from Gr.Sherrill

Anonymous said...

Awww. Looks like you guys had a fun day out!

Maren D. said...

Your son's name caught my eye. My daughter's name is spelled the same way. Her due date was the first part of May, so we were inspired to spell it that way. It looks like they are about the same age; she'll be five soon!
Thanks for sharing your pictures of your Maysen. :)