Monday, February 2, 2009

My Cooker

Isn't this a beautiful Amaryllis? I got 2 bulbs for Christmas and got them planted in planters shortly after and they bloomed last week. Very beautiful!

Maysen decided to be a little baker today. He has always loved getting out the bowls, plastic spoons, but today it took a new mold. He wanted the pot holders out, the apron on as he was going to cook lunch for everyone.

He's making "candy" (aka: Griffin's spoons).

Such precise measures ... check that tongue out!

Ahhhh .... delicious! The timer has gone off and the food is done. He finishes this off with, "Careful, it's really hot!" What a good husband this little man will be some day!

So many people have asked how I'm losing my weight so I thought I'd share. It's slowing down (to my dismay). I started on 1/1/09 walking 5x per week in the evening when Nate gets home. I walk about 1.5 miles those days and on weekends when Nate is home we walk longer (ie: did a 4mi walk this weekend). I had lost about 13lbs doing this within 3 weeks. I joined Weight Watchers Online 1/23 and have lost 5lbs more. It's slow but sure -- I have to remember it's taken me years to put on, it's going to take a while to get off. So that's that :-) If you want more info on it ... just email me.

Until then ... I have to make my little Baker Man lunch. Or did he already make it? He probably didn't fill up too much on the candy spoons ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amaryllis! Love to watch them grow. You can see the progress daily. It's fun to use that plant as a teaching tool with kids. Did Maysen notice? Love Mom

Leslie said...

Mom - he did actually! He said one night at dinner "Wow Mom! Look at that beautiful flower!" He didn't understand the bloom concept - how it comes out to be a flower but he saw soon enough and was mesmerized as you can imagine!

L&D said...

Looks like a good time! I'm impressed the flower lives. I am always amazed when others can actually *grow* things because I kill things.

And congrats on the continuing weight loss! That is wonderful for you. Cheering you on all the way!