Friday, October 24, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dad.

Next Tuesday my dad will be turning the big 6.0. It's so different when you're grown up what the numerical value sixty holds. When I was young, sixty was "SOOOOOO" old. Now that I am older myself, the age of 60 feels more like just someone to hold in high regard. I think age is what you make it, and that goes for both old and young. My dad still acts like such a kid at heart, likes to have fun, will try anything once, down-to-earth with many things including just plain common sense, and a sense of humor to die for. He's truly an amazing person that I know many people look up to and respect even minutes just after meeting him.

Jenn and I rallied together and wanted to give him a 60th birthday to remember. What we came up with I think is just what he needs. As a kid living in Kansas the winters weren't real pretty most of the time, so dad and mom would surprise us with an overnight stay in a nearby city at "The Hilton Inn". It was a getaway out of the snow where we could just veg, hang out, and swim in the indoor pool/spa. So what we came up with for his birthday was this: we got him a night at the Hyatt Regency in Newport Beach, CA. With the help of "Chip" behind the counter, we got his room upgraded to an executive suite. They'll spend the night and hopefully enjoy the pool, spa, and restaurant. The next morning they awake to a full breakfast before heading off on their ferry to Newport Peninsula where they'll be going on a Sports fishing/Deep Sea fishing trip for half the day. My dad loves fishing and deep sea fishing off Newport Beach is just that much cooler! Although Jenn and I can't be there to experience this with him, Jo will be there and that will make him just as happy to spend that time with her.

Happy Birthday, hove, and I want to hear all about it when you get back next week. We love you!!

No comments: