Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Family

Photography is defined as; “the process or art of producing images of objects on sensitized surfaces by the chemical action of light or of other forms of radiant energy, as x-rays, gamma rays, or cosmic rays.”. That’s too dang scientific for me. To me, it’s simply the process of capturing memories for all to see, whether it’s family, or trees, or sky scenes, or even pictures of landscape. For most of us, we can look at a picture and remember the smell, the sound, the situation of a picture whether we were “in” the picture or the one behind the camera. Captivity draws us into the memory behind the picture and for a moment, right back to the time the photo was taken. It really is a magical thing.


This weekend was a very productive weekend. Jenn came up and we did our annual photoshoot with her. This time I joined in and got some great shots of the boys and Nate & the boys. I don’t know how many people have told us that we need to get a photography business together. I was even tempted in putting some of my photography in contests. We both love photography and I would rather have Jenn shoot my pictures than spend one dime on professional photography.


Not only because I think she’s better than any photographer that I’ve ever seen (including professional ones we did of Mase when he was a baby), but because the passion she has. Someday maybe Jenn and I will get to pursue that. The thought of being able to take shots of a family and their new baby … knowing that I captured this memory for them that will last a lifetime – for that mother to look back, and remember how that baby felt at 4 days old (who is now 30) is something I would be honored to be a part of. It’s just so …. Awesome.







I hate to say it, but I just gotta … no photo stealing, please….
On another note: Tonight we had our first almost-trip-to-the-ER. It was 8:30 and Maysen was getting out of the shower and heading to bed. I heard him fall (which seems normal these days) but then the cry was different (you moms out there know what I mean). He comes running out, chin split wide open about 1.5" with the blood coming. It wasn't the most horrible thing to view, but I knew it would need some sort of intervention ... whether it was stitches the "sticky" glue, or steri-strips. I opted to drive to work and "borrow" some steri-strips at 9:00pm in hopes of avoiding a midnight ordeal to the ER. I got home and Nate had followed orders of "keep it moist, get the swelling down". I was able to get the edges together real good and steri-strip it well. I think that will work to minimize scaring. I picked up a few extra packs for these future trips ... I'm gonna need it with 2 rowdy boys!!

It's been a long night so away I'll go. Until next time ...

5 comments:

L&D said...

The memories/photos are lovely. You have such a beautiful family. I love the one of daddy playing with his boys in the leaves.
Sorry to hear about the gash. Hopefully he gets some wicked cool war wound to show off to all the chicks. Just what a momma wants. :)

Anonymous said...

Great photos! I'm seriously calling you to do ours this fall. We've always hired someone to do it, and I swear the photos you take are always better no matter the situation. Great job! (Jack has those same shoes as maysen, aren't they cute!?) Claire

Jessica said...

Dude! Fantastic! Jen and you both need to come and take pictures of our rug rats! The boys are so handsome! And you look beautiful the color is so magical.
Love ya

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked the photos! Lemme know if you ever need anything done.

Here are the ones I took of Les + fam:

http://flickr.com/photos/jlshindley/sets/72157608373528887/show/

Leslie said...

Yeah thanks Jessica!! I'm sure Jenn and I would love to come and take photos for you guys!! It'd be fun! Let us know!