Sunday, June 1, 2008

garage sale

The fund-raising garage sale was a success on Saturday. The total we got from the sale was $2082.55. Of course $200 goes back to the school because that's what they gave us to start change. $1900 for one days' work is not bad at all, considering most everything was marked $0.25!! It felt great being able to give that to the school knowing it's going to in-need families. Now if I could only have that kind of luck on my own with my own stuff! We kept some of the good stuff that didn't sell and will try and sell it in Nate's mom sale on June 20th. Whatever sells at that sale will also be added to the $1900. I had great support this week with Nate's step mom in town to help, my sister in law Jessica came on (EARLY) Saturday to spend the day with my boys, and Nate's mom came and helped during the sale. Nate's step sister and husband also helped out on Friday and Saturday. Without everyone's help, I don't think I would be sane. It was a success because of everyone's help and support.

I have confirmed plantar fasciitis, per the doctor on Friday. I will be doing physical therapy, pain medication, and anti-inflammatories until this is finally resolved which could take 12-18 months. My blood pressure also continues to be elevated since my pre-eclampsia (which apparently hasn't fully resolved!). I thought it was just because of stress from Fin's sickness, etc but it hasn't gone down. My doctor has decided to treat it so now, despite my opinion, I'm on BP medication. I'm hoping now that the sale is over maybe some stressors are gone and it will regulate out. We'll see.

Wednesday is Maysen's school picnic, although his last day of school was last week. Nate has that day off since he will be heading to Seattle soon for classes. On Saturday Maysen goes to Papa and Gr Sherrill's house for Vacation Bible School that week. It will be nice to have quiet for a couple of days!

Hope you've had a good week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a good turn out and everyone worked so hard at their jobs. I am very proud of you and Nate for this undertaking. It was a huge commitment. 5 C's is lucky to have you. Love Mom

PS We'll talk later about your health!