Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Stomp

Tonight we saw STOMP. It was actually the second time we've seen it and it didn't disappoint although a lot of the plot sequences/backdrop were the same. The cast was different, there was a different energy, and overall it felt different. To compare, we saw Blue Man Group in Chicago a few years back and although that was a terrific show, STOMP blows them out of the water. So what do they do? No, they don't just walk around and bang on trash cans, the unspoken humor (they don't talk at all) that resonates throughout the whole 2hr performance had me laughing out loud more than I would seeing a purposefully funny movie. It was great to get a break from the duty of garage sale stuff for the good of fund-raising.

Speaking of which; it is going great! I am blessed to have a great supportive family so willing to help out. Here I am, signing up for this, and when I need help (more like getting bailed out) they all run to the rescue. That's what family is all about. And it's all for the good of the kids and school, so why not? I have volunteers coming tomorrow to help me price. Aside from all the clothes (that's Mom S's job to do), I would say we're already a good 1/4 through the pricing. I think with me and the volunteers, most of it will be done tomorrow. I'd like to relax on Friday until 4 when the next shift of madness sets in, which is moving all the organized/priced items to the church and prepping the tables for Saturday. That should be a long show, too. God willing, that will go smoothly and there will be no rain on Saturday. I will be there at 6am setting stuff up with my wonderful hubby (who has never hesitated in helping when I need it ... I'm blessed!) and exactly 12hrs later we'll be closing the sale, loading all the rest of the stuff (I refrain from using JUNK ... oh wait, I just did. I feel better now) into the truck donated by St Vincent DePauls, and we haul it off for them to sort through. Ahhh, what a wonderful feeling 6:30pm on Saturday will feel like.

In another twist of events, we have been discussing how small our house is. So on a whim my bro in law, who is a contractor came over to discuss how/if we could add a bonus room onto our garage without jacking up our structure, etc. He basically said there WAS a way, but yes; it would jack up our structure, cost way too much money, and we'd have to move out for a month. So, his other options were: to trade our house with his 6 acres of land, then we'd have to build or live in something cheap until we could build big. b) rent our house and buy a bigger one c) rent our house and build a bigger one or d) do nothing. I'm inclined to do nothing right now, but Nate likes the idea of obtaining the 6 acres right now. We'll see ...

I am heading to the doctor on Friday morning to also get a good look at my poor tootsies. I'm sure the verdict will be weight loss (as I sit here at midnight eating Oreos ... hey, Miss Monthly's here), but I'd like to see if they're full-blown arthritic now ... vs plantar fasciitis ... vs ??? So we'll see. Apparently my BP is running high lately since the pre-eclampsia/Griffin issue so we'll talk about that. Do you think I have any stressors in life now? I should be relaxing and rejoicing in having my healthy babies ... but to take on this massive sale. Well. I asked for it.

The Oreos are going away. And so am I, only because I can't sit here without Oreos so that leaves me with no other option. Night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

since gas is so high now and no end in sight, what about moving closer to Eugene/Springfield. Some real nice places in the Thurston area! love Mom

Leslie said...

And closer to you, perhaps?? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oh that could be part of my reason.