Saturday, June 7, 2008

before and afters

I told K I would post a spring picture of my yard. Thanks to the cool weather and rain, it's looking great! If it would only look like this year-round. I'll still come give pointers if you'd like, otherwise keep my book as long as you'd like!

I have mentioned before that Bonnie has been working on the painting of Maysen and the Polar Express. The above picture was one I toke during Maysen's Polar Express Party for his birthday when we took his cousin, Jonas, up to Portland with us and we rode the Christmas Polar Express train. Nathan and I decided to pick this picture for Bonnie to paint. Originally we thought she was just going to paint this picture, as is. It wasn't until later we learned she was putting more of a Polar Express twist on the painting. Nathan was a bit skeptical, but this is how it turned out:

Stunned, we brought it home and decided it needed to be displayed somewhere where everyone can see it. We are so proud of how it turned out and this will forever be such a priceless possession to us. The details, the love, the emotion put into it is mind blowing. She does all sorts of paintings and many portraits like this for hire. If anyone is interested, comment me your email and we'll exchange information.

Here's another "before" picture of Maysen after school got out. I decided that the Shaggy Dog needed a haircut but I didn't want to wrestle Fin into the salon, etc. So I decided that SOMEDAY our weather will warm up and he'll feel good to have this buzzed. So out the clippers came (mind you I've never done this). In no time his hair was gone and I think it's adorable. Little fuzz head. My Peach Bean.

Speaking of Maysen, he is gone all week as of today. He's one of 6 cousins all going up to BC to stay with Gr Sherrill and Papa. This coming week is Vacation Bible School at Baker City Christian Church where Nate's father (Papa) is the pastor. Every year they bring the grand kids up to attend VBS, and this will be Maysen's first year. Needless to say it's Q.U.I.E.T around here and I'm enjoying it. Talk to me in 2 days and I'll be bawling, missing him so. Griffin and I are going up on Wednesday to stay out the week visiting, so I'll see him soon.

It's movie day at our house so back to the movies...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

PLEASE come help with my yard. Tony said that I needed you to come next weekend but I know you'll be gone. When are you going to be around? Maybe we could go to the nursery? Have fun over in the East :)

Kaci

Anonymous said...

You are so funny. M's hair looks super cute! Bonnie is so talented, I'm jealous you have such a great memorable piece in your house! Amy

Ej said...

Beautiful portrait!