Monday, June 23, 2008

Official.

Sorry about the foggy pic, but camera phone. After a non-successful weekend of open house and realizing that there is so much more that goes into selling your house on your own than anticipated, we've officially listed our house with an agent. He is optimistic that our house will be sold within the next month, but I guess time will tell. We met with the builder again this morning for a bit to chat about a floor plan we're looking at and again we walked away feeling like this was the best decision we could be making right now. We feel lucky that we are in a position to be able to build a bigger home, so we're taking it. I think the longer we stay in this house will only make it harder to leave for everyone. Right now Maysen is excited at the thought of having a brand new house with stairs (his words) as we've toured a few with stairs and he's in love with them.

On the illness front, no one is better. Thankfully my wheezing is much better and cough is subsiding but Nathan and my throat are so painful we're both chewing down the ibuprofen. I got a good look at our throats this AM and we both have lovely little white pockets on them, so I had to call the office and was able to go in and I swabbed both our throats. We'll see what the culture grows (hoping no strep!). I had some extra penicillin left over from something, so I started both Nathan and I on it until we get the results. That way he can go back to work tomorrow. Fin has a runny nose still and a cough as well as Maysen but you'd never know there was anything wrong with him.

On a note that Rochelle will appreciate: yesterday while we were having the open house, we caught Maysen swinging from his bed through the air on his curtains. He got a firm warning and sure enough, within the hour there he was again -but this time carrying out his bent like a "U" curtain rod that had given way. "Uh Oh ....." is all we got. So, Mase currently has no more curtains in his room. Good timing as staging doesn't look so hot with no curtains and holes in the wall.

Oh! Ok, so speaking of Maysen and open house. Last week a couple had come to look at the house. I put Maysen outside to play and just as I was bringing them around to go outside, there he was, just inside the door......BUCK NAKED. The couple stood there ... horrified, but it took me another glance to figure out their disgusted look. He had poop allllllll over him. He had pooped his lovely pants, which he seems to like to do for attention these days and while attempting to remove them, smeared it all over. So there he is, in his glory. Needless to say, the couple walked passed the loaded underwear and kindly said "thank you". No further word from them. Gee. Imagine that.

With that I'll close. Keep praying that our favorite lot will be available while we wait to sell our house. I'm hoping that although this might be a long road, it'll flatten out and become less bumpy. One can always hope, right?

No comments: