Saturday, June 21, 2008

The day before I went to Baker City last week, it snowed. Yes ... in June, it snowed. That made for many of the kids to end up with various ailments: ear infections, pink eye, coughs, and snotty noses. We ended up with coughs and colds here ... and then I started getting a red eye. I let it go until I started coughing so bad I couldn't lay down because my wheezing was waking me up. I went to my doctor yesterday and had to miss work because I did, in fact, have double pink eye and bronchitis (treated with 3 different inhalers - a bronchodilator, an old steroid inhaler I have here and a new one). I'm already feeling better, but the biggest punch in the stomach was having to admit that the reason I got pink eye was because I let down my paranoid-nurse persona and used my Visine after letting my nephew (who was later diagnosed with pink eye) use it. What a "DUH!" moment. These are the things I teach as a nurse, but it's a "Do as I say, not as I do" moment. And it wasn't even that I "knew better" - I just brain farted the fact that he had used my drops prior to being diagnosed, then I used them.

This weekend we're holding an open house. In fact - it's going on right now, which tells you just in fact how well it's going. Grrr! We had a realtor come over on Thursday stating he had 2 couples that were looking for housing in our price range and he wanted to look at the house first before he directed them here. No word on them. Then the sisters were back with their parents yesterday to view the house and basically we got an offer to buy if we'd accept a retainer and decline any other offers that came through until they sold THEIR house. We kindly declined that because we'd like to sell as soon as possible to obtain our land and start building (that's the plan as of right now). I know there's a plan for us, and we're just going with the flow, but I wish that flow was more toward the SOLD aspect!

Our next move is if nothing moves today or tomorrow, then Monday we're buying an MLS listing through a realtor in Eugene. You can continue to sell on your own, but for $X they'll list it online and put it to realtors in surrounding area - at least getting more foot traffic. If a realtor brings a buyer, it's up to you to pay some commission to that realtor. We need more foot traffic because of the area we're in, doing it on our own isn't going to make for a quick sale like we were hoping. So, we're holding on for this ride!! And we love our house and it's not as though we're homeless so we'll stay as long as we need to with a smile ... but we'd really like to get moving on a bigger home!

Griffin is sitting on his own now. Of course he'll wobble a bit, but for the most part he's sitting all by his lonesome. He insists on sleeping on his tummy, which scares me but no matter how many times I go in and roll him over, he just goes right back! He's eating like a champ these days ... eating food 3-4 times a day, and lots of it! Those Stage 1 foods are a joke to him, they just make him mad! We go to the doctor on Friday for his 6mo check and I'm bringing Maysen along to get his eczema looked at. Poor kid has very sensitive skin and no matter what I do, I can't keep ahead of it!

Ok, I'm going to go back to staring out the window hoping someone stops. Do you think that scares them off? A wild pink-eyed lady staring out the window hacking her lungs out. Yikes ...

1 comment:

Ej said...

I hop you feel better soon - and stop scaring the prospective buyers with your cough - LOL