Tuesday, May 13, 2008

...TOOOOOOO MUCH

So, I am now moving on from my "Pitty Party" I had in my last post to say that I really wish that all you mommies out there had a great and fabulous day yesterday. Mine started with me and the Hubbidy-Hax yakking our heads off until 2am. I got to sleep in the next morning until 9:30 where Nate and Maysen were making me French Toast. Maysen came running up to the door and says "I love you TOOOOOOOOO (aka: Sooooooooo) much!" I even got to open my first mother's day present from school. It was a picture of him holding flowers in a flower pot. So cute!

We hung out and at around 2 we dumped the kids off on Aunt Bonnie (Happy Mother's Day, huh!) and we went searching for new bedding (and had dinner of course). I've been wanting new bedding ever since Maysen used Markers all over the bedspread, and then one day I let him cut out paper up there, and he cut holes in my comforter. Anyway ... a rule was set in place: No more crafts on our bed. Only CLEAN children who are calm can be on our bed. Well, Nate and shopped around at every place until we found this. Nate picked it out - I picked out the accent pillows/throw. He eventually found the wall hangings which ties in the blue from the pillows/throw in with the frosted glass which encases Japanese fern leaves. Very nice. Ironically our bathroom already pretty much matches this, so boy don't I feel good!

So ... you'd think that would be the best bed ever ... snuggle into, cozy up to. Well, tonight I close my eyes and drift away to a dream where I am dating this rather cute guy who looked like Nate but I "Knew" it was just a normal guy. This dream eventually turned into he was chasing me through a dark parking garage, his footsteps getting closer, and I'd turn down corridors filled with women crying holding syringes, and anger, and dark. I realized I was in a dream and I was trying to wake up, which is usually me screaming loudly in my dream. Then I finally said at one point "Lord, get me out of this dream because I feel like the devil is here". And BAM, I was awake. I know it was just my eyes adjusting to my surroundings, but it seemed as though fog was rolling away from me and my bed. It was so creepy. So here I am .... trying to recoup from that. Yippee! So yea ... the picture above is my new bedroom! Sorry - camera phone pic,but you get the idea.

I was pondering on the idea that maybe I had that dream because Nate leaves soon to go to Denver, CO for work. I wanted to go with him next time he went but this came up too fast. He's going to Seattle for a few days in June, so maybe I'll get to go there. Nothing better than Colorado this time of year, though. I'm jealous. I've looked at the weather report for here. Can you believe 90F by the end of the week. Amazingly crazy.

Bailey (our basset hound) had surgery on her paw late last week. She had a pretty significant cyst right at the crease. It was getting larger, so we decided to have it taken off and her nails cut back a great deal while she was under. She's did rather well. They wanted to send it off to cytology to see if it's cancer, but I don't see there being any different treatment options for us and why spend $100 to find it out. So, if God's ready for her to go, she'll go. Her wound is challenging. She's been on prednisone so long for her Addison's Disease that her skin is paper thin, so suturing it up was difficult. 80% has pulled out of the sutures and leaves a gaping hole. We keep it clean and she seems fine, so we'll let granulation tissue form and she'll have a wickedly big scar ... but oh well! :-) That'll be a good fight story she can tell all the other dogs in the neighborhood :)

I'm going to brave going back to bed now. If you don't hear from me again, it's because I was a victim of the Nightmare on Elm street (Do you remember those movies!? Geesh...)

3 comments:

L&D said...

Nope, never did see the nightmare on elm street saga. But seriously, a pretty frightening dream hey? Amazing the power of calling on God. So cool.

Glad you had such a great mommy's day!

Anonymous said...

I had a dream that you and I were busting it in some old mine out in Cripple Creek near that creepy town, Victorville! Then you stopped, and handed me a damn candy cane and said, "Here, put this in your pocket, it'll save you from the beetles."

I have no idea.

Ej said...

Love the bedding - very pretty.