Monday, May 19, 2008

lots of stuff

Ok. So, what’s up with having SNOW and ICE exactly 1 month ago, and here we all sit now sweating our teeth out with 90-100F weather!? It’s beyond me, but I guess it keeps us on our toes. So far I think the only plant I’ve lost due to this crazy weather is my trumpet vine. Otherwise my yard is now looking fabulous. I’ll post more pictures of my yard later, as I want you to see my wisteria. It’s getting prettier every year!

On Friday Fin (aka: pumpkin seed) had his 4mo well baby check and it went great. He rolled over from back to front right in front of the doctor and her comment was, “My, he’s a little advanced!” He is right on target developmentally, size appropriate, and in general looking really good. I had her look at his little breast lump and she said it was just delayed breast tissue. It’s more times found in girls than boys, but boys can still get it; and it’s usually found shortly after birth, but since he was so sick it could have been delayed in perking up. Nevertheless she is not overly worried and will just watch and see what it looks like at his 6mo appt. So, stats:
Weight: 15lb 1oz
Height: 25”

Nate and I are gearing up to take him to his follow-up appointments at OHSU and the pediatric neurologist. I don’t know if you remember or not, but Fin (despite what the ped neuro said he thought) had a slightly abnormal EEG and so the decision was made to keep him on a small/low dose of phenobarb that he was probably outweighing already. Since then we have not changed his dosing and we still have seen no seizure activity or trembling. We had another EEG last Friday to see if the abnormality is gone.

We leave Wednesday early morning to have Fin’s sedation at 10:00, then he’ll have an MRI at 11:00. We’re staying overnight downtown and will see Dr Koch to have him looked at again since he’s developed so much further, and then we’ll discuss the results of the EEG test we did just last Friday, as well as the MRI that we will have just done the morning before. I’m very anxious to get this done and pray pray pray it all looks good.

One garage sale find we got while doing our normal hunt was this tractor. It had a broken pedal and Nate was destined to fix it. So we brought it home and before we knew it, Maysen was on it in his professional farming boots, he had his "trailer" with "cows" all hooked up and ready to go. Unfortunately the pedal could not be fixed, but Mase doesn't care. A farmer never leaves a fallen tractor.


On a lighter note, today was our nieces 2nd birthday party today. That was loads of fun. It was very warm, but perfect weather for the kids to play in the sprinkler and get out water balloons. I hope she enjoys the girlie back pack we got her …another thing to tote things around in – what else could be more perfect?


On yet another note, I’ve finally made an appt with my doctor to discuss what I have self diagnosed as plantar fasciitis. Ever since our marathon yard working day, I can barely handle standing for long periods of time, getting out of bed, or rising from a chair without excruciating pain through both my feet. It first started in my heel but now has effected all of my feet. Then I’m on them all day and I can barely handle to sit down, because they’ll throb while I’m sitting and then I don’t even want to imagine getting up. I tore a tendon about 2yrs ago and in that xray they found pre-arthritic changes in my feet, so I am wondering if that has changed any. I guess we’ll see. I haven’t wanted to say much about it because who wants to say “Oh yea … my feet hurt, rub them” (that’s where Nate rolls his eyes at me), or I gimp around like some 89yr old woman who is in full blown arthritis. It’s just sad. So, hopefully I don’t just get a “You’re fat, lose weight”. Ok. Thanks. Until then, how do you get the shards of glass out of my feet when I stand up to walk? Thanks.


Hope you had a good weekend. If you don’t hear much from me this week, we’ll be trying to handle garage sale stuff (monster take on) and then we’ll be in Portland. Have a Happy Memorial (Three Day) weekend!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, stinker!! You haven't mentioned your feet... wow, sounds painful. So, when is your appt. for that? Do you feel like all you do is go to Dr's??? Love the pictures of Mr. Blue Eyes (and red hair :o)))))) Love NaNaNuNu