Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter 2008

Just doin' eggs with dadddy...

If only these eggs would dry faster!!

Holy cow, dad ... that didn't go in red ...

Wow ... look at my loot!!

I didn't know the Easter Bunny brought rockets!

Nothing like grandma kisses!!!

I found my hands a couple weeks ago, and boy are they yummy!

I'm not sure what all the hype of this Easter thing is, but I kinda like this strange orange thing in my lap...

Bubble parade at Easter. Why not?

It took him 5 min to find that egg in the planter. Grandma put a yellow one in there and it matched just right.


So, sorry I've been MIA. This having 2 kids thing is nuts! I spend most of my days in PJs until noon ... only because I refuse to get up at 6am to shower before the rally starts ... and then it's noon before I'm able to jump in the shower, usually with a screaming baby but hey - I can only handle so much stink :) This last week I've been only cleaning mess after mess it seems and it's by the grace of God that Maysen is sleeping right now - a bigger grace is that they're doing it at the same time!!! Usually my posts are at midnight or something.

I've been very challenged with being a stay at home mom lately. Being an RN was so much more immediately-gratifying. Not that I won't ever be returning to that, but this waiting until the kids are 20 to realize the sacrifices that were made seems like it'll never come through. I miss my individuality, my freedom, QUIET, adult convos. The mess after mess, disaster after disaster, cry after screams all day long makes for a llllong day. Sometimes I think going back to work would be easier, but I always come back to wanting to be the ones home with my kids and I realize real quick that I would regret going back to work and sending my kids somewhere because I chose to go back when I had the ability to be home. So, I grit my teeth a little harder, have alone cries in the bathroom, and prepare for another fun-filled, crayon-on-the-wall, poop in the pants, defiant child, stubborn, loud, messy day ... sounds like fun, eh?

So, Easter was good ... Maysen got a lot of things from the Easter Bunny, lazy morning at our house, then dinner at Nate's mom's house where another hunt ensued. Mase made out like a bandit with egg money, which went into his piggy bank which I was informed was saved for a new "purple race car I can drive, too" ... as if the red one isn't good enough. We had an interesting "never to forget" time at Bobbi/George's for dinner. First Maysen found Mom's red nail polish and "wanted to make his feet pretty too" and painted both feel with red polish --- including their white carpet. So that was disaster with Acetone #1. After about 30min thankfully it came up (how? I don't know) but just as we're all sitting down to eat dinner, Nate's mom knocks over her red wine onto the carpet. At this point we had a mildly good laugh. Out comes obsessive George with the cleaner again. I can thankfully say that everything came out of the carpet.

Fin's doing really good - he loves his Johnny Jumper and is wanting to stand a lot and is rather strong! He loves his hands and seems to "pray" a lot by holding them and he'll look down at them and sing to his hands. I'm putting rice in his bottles at night now and one night he actually slept all night until 7:30am. He will usually go from 10-4am without getting up ... he's rolled over a couple of times on his own, which I think scares him more than anything! He's a long little guy - almost being too tall for his 3-6mo clothes already and he turns 3mo on Thursday. His red hair is still sticking around but it's much lighter into more of a strawberry blond now.

Nate saw Barack Obama this past week while he was in town. From what I've heard it was very moving. He's just going to be a great president. Oops ... did I say that already? I mean ... IF he were elected, he'll be great. Anything will be better than the mess of a president we have now.

So the forcast is SNOW on Thursday. What's that all about?? I'm going to get M up and outside before the sun goes down because something tells me we'll be inside a lot the rest of the week. (goody .... look for "house burned down" later this week). Until then ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww. Feeshy looks so cute. :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

Leslie,

Do I not hear all those words ALL TOO WELL, hence the reason I decided to go back to work only part-time so I could get a little sanity and the kids could get some social interaction outside of mom. I definitely also hear the crying in the bathroom :)

Glad to hear my house is not the only house that is filled with energetic children.

Love to your and your family-Rochelle

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, girl. Your RN is on hold and that's ok, because one day your boys are going to see the huge sacrifice you've made for your family. It takes a strong person to do what you're doing - but one day you'll reep the rewards!

B

Ej said...

I so hear you!!! Everyone says it gets better and someday we'll look back and call this the best time of our lives... HA! In the mean time - I raise a bottle to you(someday it will be a Bellini ;-)) and cheers!