Saturday, March 1, 2008

caroustore

I thought this picture turned out pretty wicked. I took it on the Wharf in San Fran while Dad and Maysen were on the carousel. It is the reflection of the carousel in the storefront window. It’s pretty abstract if you ask me, however perfectly clear if you put your mind to dividing the two images.

The last couple of nights I’ve been catching up on a lot of sleep, sleeping about 12hrs each night the past 2 days. I have needed it as I about had a total meltdown on Thursday. This stay-at-home mom stuff is almost overwhelming! I love every second, but when you only get 2hrs of sleep at night because you have a sick boy and a newborn then “wake” up the next morning and deal with nothing but 100mph 3yr old and the demands of a newborn – it can get very overwhelming fast. So, I’m feeling much better having gotten some good sleep over the last few days, thanks to my great husband! I think he knew I was serious when I told him I wanted to go back to work just to get a break!

Not only is the demand of a newborn/no sleep/3yr old/etc/etc/etc overwhelming sometimes, take the 100mph 3yr old and add POTTY TRAINING to the mix. Yeah right! I’ve tried EVERYTHING under the sun. He’ll do great one day, telling me every time with no accidents, then the next day he’s a whole different kid. We’ve tried sticker charts, we’ve tried M&Ms with successful trips, we’ve tried Potty Dance/Praise. Nothing. So, tonight on yet another attempt at trying to get something to work, the Potty Jar and Potty Rocks were born. He has a special jar and every time he goes in the toilet, he gets to add a Potty Rock to the jar (decorative colored rocks in the craft section of any dept store). Once the jar is filled up (not a very big jar) we get to go swimming, zoo, ice cream store, or whatever treat we’re working toward. So far it’s working great! He’s gone 4 times and is even sleeping with his “new friend, my Potty Jar”. We’ll see! Any other ideas would be great!

Otherwise, we’ve haven’t done a lot. Today we went and decorated Nate’s office at Weyerhaeuser. He’s got a huge space and it was great to get his pictures and UofO paraphernalia up. He’s back “home” now.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool pic!

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I completely agree with you regarding going back to work for a break, I of all people can sympathise with you. Picture is very cool.
Rochelle

Ej said...

Great pic.

And yeah - going back to work just for a break does look good ;-) There are good days and bad days - everyone assures me that one day I'll look back on this time and want it back...I'm not so sure about that - LOL

Lack of sleep is brutal - hope you can stay rested up!

L&D said...

Well you've hit all the marks today: new born & no sleep, potty training and a wicked photo. Nicely done.