Sunday, August 26, 2007

Bedtime Memories ...

I know it wasn't even a year ago that we redid Maysen's room for his birthday. However, upon learning of this new baby we knew we'd need the crib mattress, etc from his room to prepare another nursery. So, at 1:45am last night I decided that today we'd remodel Maysen's room, including moving him to a "real" big boy bed (I love my husband very much. He just said "Okay" upon asking him his thoughts because he's learned to just go with my manic random ideas). So, that's just what we did today! Nate got this bed out of the attic, which we inherited last summer from his mom -this is a part of a set of bunk beds he and his brother, Josh, slept in about 20 years ago. It was neat putting it together for our son, knowing the memories it held for Nate. We went to Costco and got a new Twin mattress and then went to Target and got new sheets, quilt, bedside table, and curtains. I put it all together and then we let Maysen in who's reaction was all worth it. "OOooooooooo!! New bed!?" We'll see how he does tonight.

Tomorrow I have my 20-week ultrasound in which we get to find out the sex. People ask what I want and I truly don't care. A girl would be nice to round out the sexes - but just as equal it would be great for Maysen to have a little brother. I'll definitely be posting what I find out, so stay tuned ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd better find out before you post! :P

Anonymous said...

Cute bedding....... for sure that will get Maysen to sleep :o)

L&D said...

I LOVE the new room. It is simply adorable! What little boy wouldn't love THAT? Looking forward to finding out the sex so I can celebrate with you.