Saturday, May 12, 2007

New Job

Nate accepted a new job this week as a ASP.Net web developer for RealPro Systems here in Eugene. The best part? It's full time/permanent! He has been working for Weyerhaeuser for the last year since graduating, but it's only been on a contract basis. The money is good, but they just cut you a dry check - you're responsible for benefits, taxes, etc. - not to mention the possibility of no job (and no unemployment) after your contract is up. Nathan's will be officially up June 16th, but it was extended until November. Nate stumbled across this job and when he got offered it, it was hard to justify passing up a permanent position with benefits to something that could be over and done with in November. The money isn't "as" good as when you're contracting, but that's to be expected with all the "pros" of having a permanent position in a company.

Today we took Maysen to the indoor SPLASH wave pool. He's a bit apprehensive of the water - which I think I appreciate more than half the other children that were jumping into any and all other parts of the pool, unattended. Scared this mom to death! (Although I was appalled to see I might have been one of the few! Geesh!)

Now I'm going to go throw on my new 550 thread count sheets (part 2 of mom's day gifts) and try and get the overwhelming smell of chlorine out of my nose ...

Happy Mom's Day tomorrow to all my mommy readers!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Nate!