Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Momma's Day!


Happy Mom's Day today to those who are mommies! This is my 3rd Mom's Day to celebrate and got the best "I love you, mom" gift I could ever get. Maysen and I had gone out to the backyard to play while Nate ran to town. We had played on the swings, gone down the slide, and Maysen was keeping occupied with me filling up a pitcher and letting him water my flowers. All of a sudden I'm standing on my deck and Maysen comes running at me warp speed with his arms outstretched saying "Ug, Ug da momma!" He ran up and gave me a death-grip hug. I savored the moment hugging him ever-so-tightly as I almost whispered "Oh, I love you my baby boy." Within seconds he whispered back "Uve you too momma". I had just read (tearfully, I might add) Running's post about her encounter and thought how special that was, when I got my own gift this afternoon.

There's nothing like being a momma ...

2 comments:

Ej said...

So sweet!

Anonymous said...

Awww. There's nothing better than Bean hugs.