Sunday, May 20, 2007

Loud Message on a Shirt:

Nathan and I learned a secret a week ago; we are expecting our 2nd child in January. We are pretty sure this is our Disneyland baby - and we were wondering why everyone we saw in Disneyland was pregnant! Karma perhaps? I am roughly about 4 weeks along and so far feeling great! Maysen is saying he's going to be a big brother, but when you ask if he wants a brother or a sister, he says "No brover, no sisser" I'm afraid he has no choice in the matter.
Our second piece of news is that in light of Nathan's new job, combined with our recent exciting news, we have decided that I am going to hang up my nurse's hat for a bit and be a full-time mommy. I gave my notice on Wednesday that my last day of work will be June 15th. I do not want to take for granted the rare and wonderful opportunity I have been given, as I understand there are a lot of mommies out there that would love to stay home with their kids and are unable to. I feel privileged that I am able to do this. I will work "per diem" at my job, hopefully maybe once a month to keep my hours up for my RN license. It was with a heavy heart I made this decision as I have been the happiest at my current job than I have ever been working. I love my patients, my doctor, and my fellow employees, but I felt deep in my heart that I needed to take advantage of this opportunity and be with my kids, as they will only be little once. I have seen already with Maysen that they grow way too fast.

Side note: The above message was an actual fortune I received in my fortune cookie Thursday, the day after I gave my notice at work. It was, to say the least, too weird...

It's been a long week filled with a ton of emotion so I am sorry if I have seemed missing in action. I look forward to my new adventures of a full (and second) time mommy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sooo happy for you!! Mark will hate losing you, but he told me tonight he understands and is proud of the decision you've made!

Cathy

Anonymous said...

Yay! Can't wait to be another auntie. Can't be for a new Bean, though - wonder what we'll call him or her? :)

kelly ens said...

for some reason, i can't see the pictures. but oh well!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! that's very exciting news :)

Ej said...

Congrats! I hope you continue to feel great - as being sick is yucky! I too am trying to decide if I'll go back to work after this next one - here we get a year off with 55% of our pay so I'll work until October and then decide next summer what I want and can afford to do. Childcare is so expensive so I'll have to see if it is worth it. I hope you enjoy being a SAHM.

L&D said...

Oh yea! This is very exciting news. Thrilled beyond words for you and your new little one to come.

Anonymous said...

YAY! Grats to all of you! :D