Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Mmm...cinnamon-y drizzle

Daddy and Maysen: Dorena Lake, April 2006
These days are fading. The temperatures are falling around Oregon. Well, I say that today, which high is only 71 today. However, this weekend will be back in the 90s. Perhaps I'm just ready for fall. I took a bath last night in my jetted tub and watched the wind blow through my bathroom window. I love the coziness that fall brings: chili, dark evenings, cinnamon candles, blankets, drizzle.

And I love Netflix. We order a movie, takes 1 day to process and 1 day to get here. And you set up a queue and when they receive the movie you sent back, they'll automatically send you the next one on your list. We usually watch 2 a week, if we have time. But I love being able to get just about any movie (no matter how new or old) for a mere $10/mo.

This past weekend we went to a furniture store "moving" auction. I really wish I had a moving van in the parking lot. We would have bought a ton and resold it for profit. We went the last day, and things were going for dirt cheap! Solid oak table/chairs $500, entertainment centers $200, leather theatre sectional with all reclining seats - $600. We ended up getting a new couch and loveseat - originally $2300 for $500. Then I turned around and sold our old love seat/sofa on craigslist for the same - $500 within 1 day. We got some Thomas Kincades and a nice big mirror for our bedroom also. This weekend we'll mount our flat screen LCD TV on the wall. This should be an adventure because it calls for power tools and cutting a hole smack dab in the middle of our living room wall. I'm scared as hell. If you don't hear from me for awhile, that means that I'm in jail for mudering my husband for a gigantic hole in the middle of my living room wall ... and no TV covering it!

No comments: