Wednesday, August 23, 2006

My family rocks

So, as many of you know, my sister Jenn is getting married in October. Now, I'll be the first one to say how much I love my sister. With all my heart I love her. But ... she has no clue about this wedding! Which is cute, in a way. "Do you guys want a unity candle?" *blank look* "What are you doing for pew bows?" *even bigger blank look*. So, we sat down and started a mondo details list. Mainly so details could get figured out: cake topper, punch bowl, cake cutter/server, flowers, center pieces...all things she really hadn't thought of. And with the wedding being a mere 2 months away, we had to get settled.

I talked to Sherrill (mom-in-law) and was telling her the comical stories of Jenn's blank looks. And she picked up the ball and started helping me with more things to think of and do. We started talking about flower bouquet center pieces and arrangements at the church. I said I didn't know, but was thinking Jenn wanted some sort of floral arrangements and she has come through 100%. Sherrill's mom, grannie Shirley, has Parkinson's. Back in the day she arranged flowers and all that jazz. Her Parkinson's was getting bad until 2 months ago she had the deep brain stimulation surgery and almost all her tremor is gone. My point is, she said she'd be willing to do Jenn's flower arrangements for all that -- Nate's dad is a minister, so the church is flooded with silk flowers and greenery. So, all those materials are free (well, most of it). I even asked if soemone could be over at the reception hall to make sure the cake got set up right, and Sherrill replied with "You know I'll do whatever needs to be done". It's a huge weight off my shoulders because I know it'll get done ... right ...

My point is that I really love my family! Not only my biological one, but the one I married into. They've not only accepted me as their own, but MY family as well. When my mom was here in December visiting from NC, they welcomed her with open arms and invited her to our Christmas dinner/gathering. They offered their home to my sister when she was traveling from Chicago to here, as a stopping resting place. Always been the one to ask "How can I help?". And I know that if I ever needed anything, they'd be right there with whatever I needed. It amazes me everyday at how great these people are.

Shirley's sister, Bonnie, watches Maysen on Wednesday's and Friday's. They are so good to Maysen and are always there for us when we need them. Bonnie even sewed 2 of my shirts today and was 'happy to do it'. It's just very heart warming to realize how lucky you are to have the family you do. I truly love them all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:D

Jenn