Thursday, September 7, 2006

First Zoo Experience

Last weekend was Maysen's first zoo experience. We met up with Matt and Jenn and went to the Portland Zoo. Maysen loved it! He would start throwing fits in between animal cages thinking it was the last one. The above picture is of Maysen watching the monkeys. His overall favorite, though, was the petting zoo where he got to pet the goats.

In fact, there was a black and white goat that Maysen must have irritated because when he walked past it, it put it's head down and butted him right in the side!! What's even more funny is that Nate got it on camera! Might have to submit that to America's Funniest Home Video. It was hilarious!

And I'm finally mobile/wireless again. I got a new laptop! Apple must work great for some people, and perhaps I am a creature of habit, but I'm happy to have a Windows machine back!

This weekend I am husband-less. Nate is going hiking/backpacking with his dad and brother up near Bend, OR. Saturday I'm getting a babysitter to go get a haircut and who knows! I might go shopping or something BY MYSELF! I don't think I've done something like that alone since Maysen was born. I can't imagine what it feels like to actually have a cart all to myself. And then I get the TV all to myself. Ahhh, the simple freedoms that are happiness!

Is it weird to look for 2yr old playmates for Maysen on Craigslist? I'm taking him to a story-hour at the library on Thursdays so he can start go get around kids, but he's mainly interested in playing in the back with the toys and dancing to the music. I have one lady who wrote, J, whose husband is owns his own brick mason company and is gone alot. They apparenlty have a lot of land, and tons of toys, but no friends for their 2yr old son, C. We're supposed to get together to have our boys get together. I'm just wondering if that sounds weird ... or much like "today's world"?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weird? No way. It's awesome. Building things that allows people to connect with each other is one of the things that gets me so stoked about working on the web.

Anonymous said...

I agree.

Jenn