Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Ms Martha Stewart


Ok. I feel much better now. I am not sure what brought on that melt down a few days ago, but with the help of brownies, I'm much better. I'm off all week this week (Dr D is touring Stanford with his son). The joke around work is "Do you still work here Leslie?" Uh. Well, sort of, maybe? I still get paid and benefits, but am I really there? 2 days a week, maybe? Yes, I have the perfect job.

I am just turning into all sorts of TV personalities lately. Yesterday I took the latter part of the morning and did some shopping. I was amazing how well Maysen did in an actual STORE CART, but he did great. I was impressed with how well this floral arrangement turned out for my dining room table. The vase and silk flowers were all on clearance, so I had a hay day. I think my limited flower-arranging skills came out in full force and didn't fail me, although there really isn't much there to arrange. I think that I may even ask my sister if she would like to borrow this for her wedding. I will be in a burgandy dress, and the other bridesmaids will be in a similar color as the vase. Like my new fridge? Well, we've had it for about 3 months now. That was the last of the changing out all appliances to stainless steel.

Since my antique collecting side has come out lately, I've been doing more of a antique look in my living room. I'm not sure why. I added a shelf above our reading chair (and Maysen's "naughty chair") and carried over half of our set of antique Children's Story Time book set from 1936. That lantern is from 1921. Above on my eyebrow (for those of you who don't know, it's the shelf thing built into my wall) you'll see the 1892 set of red encyclopedias that Nate's grandma gave him 2 yrs ago at Christmas with a school box simulated from back in the 1940s. I changed out a reddish vase with a more neutral old-style pitcher I filled with dried baby's breath and eucalyptus leaves. Pay no attention to the cords behind the stand (sounds like Wizard of Oz "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" - hey Jenn: "And now let the joyous news be spread..." inside joke ... sorry). Well, anyway. I did some slight revamp on my decorating. I only wish the stand was a darker wood, but can't bring myself to stain it. It's solid oak and I am afraid I'd ruin it by trying to stain it.

MMmm... I have Crock Pot chili brewing in my house. It was cloudy and cool when I woke up this morning and chili sounded good. That and an apple/cinnamon candle burning. I think I'm ready for autumn!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh, you're a nutbag. ;)

your sis

Leslie said...

Jenn? You never close with your sis. Why am I a nutbag??

Anonymous said...

Hi... your so funny! Everything looks great! Nothing like a few new "things" in the house to make you feel better. That, and a shopping trip.....hee hee. Love Ya. Mom